Hi, I'm Alejandra Gabin. Ale. Ally. Mamá. Grandma.
I've been a photographer for 20 years. How I got started is a long story and had a lot to do with me being dyslexic. This job fits me like a glove and is a blessing in disguise really. I love what I do.
I enjoy spending time with my lovely clients, encouraging them, having fun, and then showing them what we have created. It gives me great joy when my clients are amazed by how nice they look. It's also wonderful to see the many ways they are excited to use their images on social media.
Random facts about me
- I was born in Santiago, Chile (a long time ago shhh)
- I can still read and speak Spanish (not perfectly but I get by)
- My hubby was born in South Africa (our kids love SA food, especially the curries)
- Been married 33 years (I can still make him laugh and that makes me happy)
- Love original Hubba Bubba and Rasberry bullets (oh and plain potatoe chips)
- Vietnamese food is my favourite (so fresh mmm, talking about food again)
- My 3 grown kids are amazing people (but every parent knows how I feel)
- I spend too much money on hair products (curly hair has a mind of its own)
- I'm obsessed with my 5 little grandchildren (absolutely love being a grandmother)
- Loved rollerskating (had to stop after a concussion and a fractured ankle 2yrs ago)
- Found out I was dyslexic in my 30s (answered so many questions and gave me back some self-esteem, I'm very open about it)
- 80's music makes me happy (those 80's rock ballads are the best)
- I can't leave the house without a little lippy (my beautiful grandmother Rosa never did)
- I love to pray for my friends and family (brings peace to my heart)
- My love language is Words of Affirmation (love cards more than presents)
- I'm a night owl (I wish I wasn't, why did I marry an early riser?)
- Easily disorientated ( do not follow me)
- I believe in love at first sight